The Pupil Premium allocation for Denbury Primary School for the financial year 2015 - 2016 is £24,780. This is based on a total of 20 pupils on Free School Meals, Children in Care and Children from Service families.
The money allocated is being used in the following ways:
- School Counsellor one morning a week to support pupils in need of this service;
- Part funding a full-time Pastoral Worker to run Thrive and other pastoral programmes;
- 1:1 after school tuition for specific needs for selected pupil premium pupils - focusing on Numeracy and Literacy;
- Key Stage 2 Maths Intervention Programme (Rapid Maths);
- Key Stage 1 Maths Intervention Programme (Dynamo Maths);
- Key Stage 2 targeted Literary Intervention.
Due to the small numbers taking SATs at Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 we are restricted on reporting the results as it would identify specific pupils.
Over the last academic year the gap between Pupil Premium and Non-Pupil Premium has reduced and is smaller than the national average.
The gap between Pupil Premium and Non-Pupil Premium pupils at Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1 is below the national average. In Key Stage 2 the gap is above the national average, although the gap is closing.