Welcome to Haytor Class! We are a Year 5/6 Class taught by Mrs Foxford and supported by Maz Rowe.
AUTUMN TERM 2 2017
Lookout for work on Dragonology coming soon!
AUTUMN TERM 1 2017
A new academic year and some new topics to study...
- History - The Shang Dynasty
- Science - Light and Electricity
(Knowledge organisers can be downloaded below but will be included in our home learning pack.)
- Our classroom has been newly decorated and the displays have started (photos to follow). In English our learning journey will be centred around the book 'Black and White' an interesting narrative containing varying perspectives.
- Mathematics will initially focus on number and children's ability to represent, compare, order and explore in a variety of contexts.
- Spelling lists will be sent out at the beginning of term for children to learn each week, with activities in class to explore and apply.
Week 7 - The End Of An Amazing First Half Term!
A huge thank you to all my super students this week for the hard work and dedication to learning you have shown. I am very proud of the progression made by all children, now is the time to relax and recover ready for next half term.
Sharing our home learning projects...
What an amazing week at Heatree for our residential! Our first residential with both Year 5 and 6 students and what a super week. The children were involved in a number of activities: Tamakale Island (problem solving), low-level adventure (including the iconic mud scramble), archery, fencing, Wilderness Adventure on Dartmoor (weaselling), kayaking, high ropes and bushcraft.
On the 29th September, Haytor Class ran a Macmillan Cancer Support charity event with coffee, cake and superb entertainment. We raised £260.59!
Haytor Trip to Apple, Exeter...
On Tuesday the 26th September, Haytor Class went to Apple in Exeter to work on producing a presentation for the up-and-coming coffee morning, raising awareness for Macmillan Cancer Support.
HOME LEARNING FOR THE AUTUMN TERM 2017
Students are expected to read regularly (30 minutes daily) which will include an Accelerated Reader book (or equivalent).
Each week we will study a set of spellings according per year group - around 10-15 words each week. A copy of the weekly spelling lists are included in our home learning pack each half term for reference.
For our Autumn Term topic home learning students can choose between two projects. An overview of the content per project is included in the downloadable text below. Students will present their projects in class on the 18th October.
Click the text above to view/download!