Welcome to Haytor Class! We are a Year 5/6 Class taught by Mrs Foxford and supported by Maz, Donna and Gavin.
SPRING TERM LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
SPRING TERM HOMEWORK 19
WE ARE DESIGN ENGINEERS! INSPIRED BY James Dyson!
Mathematics Block - Fractions:
- How the Whale Became by Ted Hughes
- Adverbial phrases
- Coordinating conjunctions
Topic: Discoverers we are!
- Columbus - The Explorer
- The Americas
- What's the best material for the job?
KNOWLEDGE ORGANISERS SPRING TERM 2019
ART INSPIRED BY ALICE!
WORLD DIABETES DAY 2018
A huge thank you all superheroes and their parents for supporting World Diabetes Day! We have already raised over £70... exact figure to follow!
WHERE MY WELLIES TAKE ME...
HEATREE RESIDENTIAL 2018
AUTUMN TERM 2 LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
"Potions" A topic encompassing the properties and changes of materials within science. How can we compare materials? What criteria can we use to group materials?
We will also be exploring our environment, studying the physical geography of our local area and the impact of human activity.
AUTUMN TERM 1 LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES:
"I am warrior!" A topic based on historical themes and the interactions between the Anglo-Saxons, Scots and Vikings. A series of invasions?
- Consider the values of Britishness
- The nature of treaties
- Changes to democracy and national leadership
- Migration and its role in the development of civilisations
SCIENCE AND HISTORY - Investigating what people in the past ate!
HOME LEARNING LINK - TO VIEW CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW:
Further information can be found on these websites:
SPELLINGS FOR AUTUMN TERM 2
Spellings are practised everyday in school and a learning check-up conducted at the end of the week. This gives students the opportunity to explore meaning, look at word structure and importantly apply them in their writing.
Blocks 2 and 3 will centre on the four operations for both years 5 and 6. Learning involves fluency, reasoning and problem solving. The block overviews are shown below:
- 7th January 2019 - Spring Term begins
- 18th February - 22nd February Spring Half Term
- 5th April 2019 - Spring Term ends
- 8th April - 23rd April 2019 Easter Holidays
- 23rd April 2019 - non-pupil day
- 24th April 2019 - Summer Term begins
- 6th May 2019 - May Day (Denbury May Fayre)
- 13th May 2019 - 16th May 2019 KS2 SATs
- 27th May - 31st May Summer Half Term
- 3rd June 2019 - non-pupil day
- 23rd July 2019 Summer Term ends