Welcome to Haytor Class! We are a Year 5/6 Class taught by Mrs Foxford and supported by Maz, Donna and Gavin.
A HUGE THANK YOU TO WARBURTON'S FOR THEIR AMAZING WORKSHOP!
Students revisited learning from lower key stage 2 on the eatwell plate and then designed and created a healthy sandwich.
For an extra lego point who can respond to these questions:
- What are the different segments of the eatwell plate?
- Name 3 foods from each segment.
- Can you remember the five steps for preparing to work with food?
SUMMER TERM LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES..
'DON'T WASTE OUR PLANET'
THEME - incorporating a local environmental study, raising awareness for the 3R's...
Please take a few minutes to check out Lucas' amazing home learning based on pollution and importantly, what we can do to reduce our impact as human beings. Click the link below:
SATs SUPPORT FOR STUDENTS AND PARENTS:
Please click the link above for SPAG support videos.
CELEBRATING WORLD DOWN SYNDROME DAY 2019
On the 21st of March, we have celebrated World Down Syndrome Day at Denbury Primary School. We made pizza toast (with turkey and cheese toppings), gingerbread people and gingerbread socks which we sold to raise money for the Wave Project. We also wore odd and extra socks! Jaru even gave a awesome 'This is Me!' presentation!
SPRING TERM LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
ARGENTINA BY IRIS!
TRIP TO PAIGNTON ZOO
To inspire our letter writing ... Dear Zookeeper,
WE ARE DESIGN ENGINEERS! INSPIRED BY James Dyson!
HEATREE RESIDENTIAL 2018
Learning involves fluency, reasoning and problem solving.
- 23rd April 2019 - non-pupil day
- 24th April 2019 - Summer Term begins
- 6th May 2019 - May Day (Denbury May Fayre)
- 13th May 2019 - 16th May 2019 KS2 SATs
- 17th May 2019 Goodrington Environmental Visit
- 27th May - 31st May Summer Half Term
- 3rd June 2019 - non-pupil day
- 2nd July Haytor End of Year Performance 2pm and 6.30pm
- 23rd July 2019 Summer Term ends