The total number of children at Denbury Primary School is 112 (May 2018).
- Birch Tor : This is a Reception / Year 1 class;
- Ivy Tor : This is a Year 2 class;
- Bellever : This is a Year 3 / Year 4 class;
- Haytor : This is a Year 5 / Year 6 class.
Aims of the School
We aim to:
- Ensure that learning is enjoyable interactive and diverse;
- Enable all children to be articulate, literate and numerate and achieve beyond their expectations;
- Create an environment that is secure, attractive and accessible to all;
- Apply agreed codes of conduct and behaviour, encouraging a sense of trust and respect;
- Encourage an effective partnership with parents and carers ensuring purposeful and considered communications;
- Enable our children to be included in a creative expressive well- balanced curriculum, offering opportunities for support and challenge at all levels;
- Offer a warm welcoming environment and learning community where every individual understands their roles and responsibilities and respects the views and opinions of others.
The school day starts at 9.00 am with registration. Children should not arrive before 8.45 am when the school is able to take responsibility for them.
A lunch break is taken between 11.55 am and 1.10 pm to allow for two lunch sittings (11.55 am – 1.10 pm for Years R to 2 and 12.10 pm - 1. 10 pm for Years 3 to 6). The school day ends at 3.30 pm. Please collect your children from school on time (if you are going to be delayed please telephone us as soon as possible).